A.G., Gulfstream, FL. May 2014
Chinese medicine has been used for centuries to treat illness. More importantly, it has been used to keep people well and to prevent disease.
Although many people seek out acupuncture for chronic pain, there are many other ways in which acupuncture can reduce other types of disorders and symptoms, and greatly improve your quality of life.
In my practice I have used acupuncture to help people make major lifestyle changes ranging from quitting smoking or losing weight to getting a divorce or leaving a job.
Acupuncture helps people break through old patterns by building and moving the energy in their bodies in a healthier and more balanced way. Acupuncture has such a wide range of benefits that I believe the question really is… what does acupuncture not help?
The World Health Organization has assembled a comprehensive list of conditions for which acupuncture has been proven—through controlled trials—to be an effective treatment. In addition to this comprehensive list included below, there are many other ways that I have personally seen people get better and improve their lives with Chinese medicine.
- Upper Respiratory Tract
- Acute sinusitis
- Acute rhinitis
- Common cold and flu
- Acute tonsillitis
- Respiratory System
- Acute bronchitis
- Bronchial asthma (most effective in children and uncomplicated conditions)
- Eye Disorders
- Acute conjunctivitis
- Central retinitis myopia (in children)
- Cataracts (without complications)
- Mouth Disorders
- Post-extraction pain
- Acute and chronic pharyngitis
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Spasms of esophagus
- Acute and chronic gastritis
- Gastric hyperacidity
- Chronic duodenal ulcer (pain relief)
- Acute duodenal ulcer (without complications)
- Acute and chronic colitis
- Acute bacillary dysentery
- Paralytic ileus
- Neurologic and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Headache and migraine
- Trigeminal neuralgias
- Facial palsy (early stage, i.e., within 3-6 months)
- Pareses following a stroke
- Peripheral neuropathies
- Sequelae of poliomyelitis (early stage, i.e., within 6 months)
- Meniere’s disease
- Neurogenic bladder dysfunction
- Nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting)
- Intercostal neuralgia
- Cervicobrachial syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Low back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back and knee pain
- Chronic fatigue
- Sports injuries and pains
- Reproductive & Gynecological Conditions
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps)
- Spotting and excessive bleeding
- Amenorrhea (loss of menstrual period)
- Mental Emotional Problems
If you need help in any area of your body-mind-emotions, there is a very good chance that acupuncture will have a positive impact. The magic number of treatments seems to be about 8 weekly sessions (although many improve noticeably with fewer treatments). This gives us time to create a good lasting foundation on which you may rebuild your healthy and balanced life.
CONTACT ME for a free 15 minute consultation. Learn how acupuncture can help you!